Thursday 14 March 2013

Living in Africa

Over the last couple of weeks it has come to my attention how much negative publicity about our beautiful South Africa, Facebook friends are 'sharing' and 'liking' and commenting on.  So obviously I live in a dream world, or am I the only one that really loves my country enough to have some kind of hope for our future.  I often wonder why I was born on this continent and why I do not have the compulsion to leave in the hope of finding greener pastures.  I have finally accepted that this is where I was born and this is where I will be buried.  Yes, we do not live in ideal circumstances, but we know how to control the world around us.  Yes, we have the highest crime statistics, but we teach our children how to protect themselves.  Yes, there is negative publicity all around us, but we do not have to spread the negativeness, instead we should be sharing the positive achievements in our daily lives.  Now these are my personal thoughts and only my humble opinion.  But once again, I point out that those same people never fail to post a picture of South Africa, their birth land, every single week. The longing never seems to leave the hearts of true Africans.

So I leave you with these words from Helen Keller.... after all we live in the Jungle, the Jungle of life......


No comments:

Post a Comment