Sunday 27 January 2013

Sunday morning

So today is Sunday, and today is family day.  Looking forward to all my chickens coming home to roost, if only just for the day.

Over the last couple of weeks I have entered into many debates about what one should be doing on a Sunday.  As it is in life one has one's own opinion of what is right and what is wrong, especially when it comes to going to church.  This one is very clear in my mind and in my personal opinion.  I often wonder why people go to church, and why they choose to sit in a man made building, listening to one man's opinion of the bible passage he has just read to the congregation.  And may I add, a man written bible.  When I wake up on a Sunday morning, which is the day before all the stresses and strains of a working week brings, the first thing I want to do is go outside, smell the fresh air, look around at what nature has to offer and then share all of this with my loved one's, friends and family, oh and did I mention, all of these things God's offerings to me?????  I also, often spend time playing the sport I love, bowls.  The beauty of one's surroundings on the bowling green, also once again, birds singing, the chatter of friendship and seeing my family come to support me, mmmmmmm and who supplied me with all of that???

So now the decision this Sunday morning???  The wind is blowing a bit, the birds are in the bird bath splashing and singing, the sun is shining brightly above me and my children will be with me shortly.  Do I want to go and sit in a building listening to a monotone voice droning out what you should be doing and how you should be living your life....... I think not...... I want to live my life in the God-given world according to the commandments He has given us..... I want to celebrate the life He has given me and in this way spread the joy of living, with a smile, hugs and kisses in the church God supplied us....... nature!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment